Bouncy Flooring :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - had a kitchen extension built recently and got some old boy in the other day to put down some engineered oak flooring.

However the flooring in the extension is 'bouncy' - it would appear that there was a slight difference in height between the original floor and the extension. As such i have got a bounce in my floor and obviously a lovely creaking noise.

i spoke to the guy who fitted the flooring and said there wasnt much he could do. I was out at the time and he merrily completed the floor only telling me about the problem when he'd finished.

Now - i am no expert but surely he could have padded out the underlay to at least minimise the problem? Obviously try to resolve it now the floor is down is going to be a problem.

Now - the dilemma as to what i do next. Do i get him back to fix it and in the meantime cancel the cheque i used for payment until i am happy with the job?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

Now - the dilemma as to what i do next. Do i get him back to fix it and in the meantime cancel the cheque i used for payment until i am happy with the job?

Cheers

If you dont get him back you will NEVER be happy with the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back