bouncy solid wooden flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just laid a solid wooden flooring in my hall :D

The thing is I have noticed that in an area the flooring is a little bouncy due to the uneven base below it. :cry:

Is there anything i can do to remedy this without ripping the floor back up to level the floor below better.

I was thinking of drilling a small hole in to the wood and injecting a material below the wooden flooring so when it sets it will become a solid base again for the flooring????
Is there such a material and procedure ? :confused:

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
there is no specific material that i know about

but do NOT use expanding foam ;)

the big problem is what ever material you find to support [no nails or silicone]will not travel very far from any entry point unless you raise it an inch or two up and pump the floor to distribute the material around
you would then possibly have to weigh down or support the floor for several hours whilst the material sets

another point to consider is

if you stop movement of the floor in one or more points you may have troubled with tenting

Sponsored Links
have u left a gap around edge for exspansion ? if the floor has took up some moisture from concrete floor it might have warped and twisted the boards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back