Bowed wall due to double glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a section of wall bowing out above a new D/G window which was put in 3 years ago.

It is on a house i am buying.

It is fairly straight forward to remove the section and install a proper catnip lintel, but i am not sure how i go about supporting the above wall. It is a std ground and first floor semi, so there is a full first floor wall above (not gabled).

Do i just use some stongboys to hold everything up ? Maybe 3 of them ?

I would need to remove the solider lintel course and then 3 courses above, put in the lintel and then recourse the bricks back up.

Attachments

• IMG_1627.JPG
    IMG_1627.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 161
Sponsored Links
Right thanks. Wasn't sure if strongboyes would be enough to take the weight, so good to know they will be ok.

Just spoken to catnip and the gang lintel is the one i need and he reckons with the 1.2m opening i should be able to redo the lintel without propping the course above.

So do you think just one strongboy is all i need then.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The catnip keeps getting put in due to predictive text on my computer i think. Just noticed i haven't checked my posting again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back