Box gutter design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm designing a box gutter for my extension, and could do with some advice.

box gutter arrowed.png

The extension roof (shown in blue, only one pitch shown) is gabled. The extension wraps around the corner of the existing house, which has a hipped roof (shown in orange). I'm designing the box gutter and valley between the two rooves.

I'm wondering what to do about the point where the box gutter meets the gabled end of the extension (arrowed in red). I can't quite see how I can terminate the box gutter in such a way that the water won't be able to get through the cut corner of the felt. Would it be better to cap the end of the box gutter here, and slope it the other way all the way to the valley?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks
Jack

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd slope towards the valley, you don't really want one roof draining onto another. Just make sure the lead where the arrow is, and down the gable that's not pictured, is dressed unto the existing tiles correctly.
The lead sheet association have a set of guides to help you with how to detail common situations, so if you read them you should get an idea of how things should fit together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back