Box guttering noise and leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please, can anyone give me advice. 10 weeks ago had a conservotary on the back of our bungalow. Joining the conservotery to the bungalow they have used like a tin box guttering and at the one end after heavy rain only I get a leak inside the conservotary. When it rains the noise of the water going into the box guttering is very bad and it is like the sound of you filling up a bath with water. The builder dose not want to know. thank you all. Roger and Val

Sponsored Links
I think you may have to put up with the noise, but the leak is another issue to which the builder should attend.
Maybe there's not enough fall in the gutter to disperse the rain, so its filling up?
John :)

The noise can be dealt with by encasing the underside of the gutter with dense quilt insulation or spray foam, and then timber board or plasterboard.

Sponsored Links
You can attenuate the noise by putting a couple of Gutter Hedgehog brushes in the gutter ;) - find them on the net . I can`t comment on the other problem

seems like someones been in there with the gunk....

From the gutter picture it's difficult to see if the box gutter is up under the underlay support trays.. These alone cannot be expected to totally weather proof the join between the original fascia and box gutter.

Noise, the hedgehog is a good idea.. available in various sizes to suit

you can lay foam in the bottom of the box gutter to help with the noise some adhesive to stick it to box gutter once cleaned. the box gutter adaptor has not been fitted and flashed properly this is the installers fault also there is no end caps on the glazing bars where they go into box gutter

May I thank you all for your advice and time. The gully and leak have now been sorted. It was incorectley installed and after re installing with the removing of the bungalow tiles and then correctley, the gully is now watertight. All this was achived after showing the forum replyes. Best wishes to you all and once again, Thank you. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back