BPEC aptitude test for plumbing course NVQ Level 2

you lot on here talk absoulute ****, this is the perfect time to get into plumbing, there is a demand for plumbers in the uk and plumbers still make around 35 k a year fully qualified even up to 40 k who evers sayin its the wrong time to get in to it is properly talking out there a**e! ...there big plumbers building a**e... the reccesion has no affect on plumbing what so ever! id imagine the apitude test has some what stuff to do with maths and general knowledge....
What recession? It is only a first year's plumber that earns 35k (after tax, and working part time).
Everybody knows we average about 100k, we just don't like competition and if we can discourage new entrants to replace the guys that retire (at 40) we can earn 150 k by 2012. And then there are the perks like the S class Merc's (one for me, one for the missus), the tax deductible mansion in Spain and the company credit card used for visits to lapdanceclubs and that sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
I dont know which one he is involved with but I thought this was amusing:-

UK Plumbing Courses
Plumbing Courses £27.95 How to make £50K+ a year
www.Plumbing-School.co.uk

To put earnings into perspective, I was talking today to the MD of Rig who are a large staff agency. I can order their plumbers at £15 an hour. That gives JUST £26,400 PA based on 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and 44 working weeks in the year to allow for holidays, sickness and no work available.

Thats only a half of the £50k claimed ( and does not allow for the agencies commission! ).

Tony

Agency's mark up used to be about a third, at least before the recession.

I dont know which one he is involved with but I thought this was amusing:-

Did you look at the video clip?

That's where i have been going wrong. Not got the right gloves and my flux brush is too small :LOL:

Sponsored Links
He fluxed the pipe then he stuck half a tub of laco inside the fitting as well. :LOL:

Here is another promising £150k pa that came by email direct to my spam filter!

We need a Gas Engineer in your area right now
To: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 1:40

" Are You The Gas Engineer We Are Looking For ?"
"Our Services Have Helped Many Businesses... Just Like Yours...
To Massively Increase Profits and Succeed Where Others Fail"

Hi,

We are actively seeking the right Gas Engineer in your area who understands the need to recession proof their life and protect themselves from the ever worsening economic climate.

This opportunity will only be available to a select group of proactive Gas Engineer's that have the foresight to see that if you don't do something right now, that the coming couple of years could be a very bleak and difficult time and who can understand the necessity of recession proofing their business right now.

You will benefit from the support of a nationally recognised brand already servicing many of the UK's biggest businesses and become part of the fastest growing network of Gas Engineers in the UK.

We appreciate that you may be busy right now but what about next month or the month after that ? The recession is effecting everyone and even if you are in the lucky few that hasn't yet been deeply hurt, how long is it going to be before it starts banging on your front door?

"I beat my head against a brick wall trying to market my services to potential customers that wouldn't even to listen to what I had to say. After qualifying with GESIC, I delivered a marketing leaflet explaining the benefits of the additional services I could now offer and on my very first day received 20 jobs ! "
Hull Agent

Lets not tip toe around the facts, this is going to be the biggest battle since the early 1990's, it's only just started and it's definitely going to last for years to come ...

The great news is, like the other exclusive Agents we are already working with, it doesn't have to be this way and we can help a select number of Engineers to buck the trend and see significant rewards from consistent and regular work, with exceptional rates of pay of up to £150.00 per hour.

The incredible thing about becoming part of our Agent Network and utilising our products and services to generate earnings for you of £150 per hour, the customer is still far better off financially giving you the work than they are using any other company... And that's why this business works so well on every level !

This "At Cost" opportunity enables you to take advantage of one of the only growing market sectors which is 100% recession proof and is not seasonal in any way...so that's guaranteed work all year round, every year, with potential earnings of over £100,000 per year, no matter what the market conditions !

That's so important we'll repeat it ... an income of over £100,000 per year during a recession, with no quiet times !

Your future success may well depend on you reading this information and we implore you to take a moment of your time to open this and consider the facts in full. It's the success of your career that we're talking about here, so don't make the fatal mistake of thinking that taking only a few minutes to consider your future is wasting time or money.

You must ensure that what you are doing, above any other Gas Engineer in your area, will generate you the highest possible income for the longest possible time. Please consider that reading this information right now may not only later save you wasted time and effort but also potentially Hundreds of Thousands of pounds in "could have been" earnings.

"Within the first few days of qualifying we had interest from the biggest Letting Agent in my area... They have 5 branches and complete well over 100 Gas Certs every month, even during a recession !"
Harrogate Agent

You can read more detailed information about all aspects of the opportunity by clicking on the links below:

The current market conditions and why it is vital that you must RECESSION PROOF YOUR LIFE - PLEASE READ ATTACHMENT 1

And this is how our services BENEFIT YOU and the companies you work with - PLEASE READ ATTACHMENT 2

So to BE SUCCESSFUL and recession proof your business you just need to do this - PLEASE READ ATTACHMENT 3

So, if you are a positive and committed individual looking to regularly earn up to £150 per hour and would like to be considered by us to become part of the UK's fastest growing network of Gas Engineers, please call us today on 0844 556 6165 so that we can run through this incredible opportunity to recession proof your business and secure your future.

This represents by far your best opportunity to achieve significant long term success during the recession as a Gas Engineer. Next week may well be the last week you ever have to worry about where your next job is coming from. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened ...

Best regards

David Smith
Agent Development Director

Just a bit of advice regarding the so called " money grows on trees " plumbing industry from my point of view so far. Despite what the colleges/training centres tell you regarding projected incomes its all a load of crap. The wages fall far short of the speel these guys love to give, after all they are selling you a product that they want you to buy into.

My case to date .. 3yrs ago i was made redundent from my job as a lab technician doing quality control. I wanted a change of career and decided to go down the plumbing route ( first mistake, with hindsight i would now have chosen to become an electrcian). I studied my tech cert level 2 in the local college, fees i had to pay myself. I was in college 3 1/2 days a week and worked 1 1/2 days a week in a factory and worked any plumbing jobs in the evening or weekends to make ends meet. Completed my Tech Cert level 3 this year after 2yrs study, again i got no financial help and payed for all my own tuition fees, exam fees everything. Worked once more in a factory 4days a week/ college 1 day a week, any jobs i picked up where done on the weekend or evenings. Got made redundent from factory job just after i completed my tech cert 3 and atm remain unemployed. Applied for a React Grant to help me complete my gas work only to be told the critieria had changed and i could no longer qualify with the qaulifications i have. Let me tell you what a kick in the teeth that was. All the hard work i have put in is being totally undermined, the plumbing industry is not the golden road everyone paints. For your sake please be aware of this.

First of all do you need an interpreter. Answer this question. I woke up this morning and had some corn ---- for breakfast. I then went to the Bus ---- to get to work. Please fill in the dotted lines.
No, That`s the old one . The streetwise one is I woke up this morning with a ....on I went to my M8 the ....Dealer to get my ... :p

Am genuinely sorry to hear that, Welshman. I got C+G years ago, and no-one ever asked to see it. :eek: It wasn`t dificult then, I`m not the sharpest tool in the box :LOL: Can`t even do maths - In fact I never measured an offset in my career :eek: . Couldn`t be a Hairy Arsed Pipe Fitter because of that. You can get away with it on 15mm copper ;)

On a totally serperate point from the one raised within this subject. As an employer what are you looking for in a possible new apprentice/trainee?. Would you prefer a phone call to ask for an work, or a CV dropped through the post?. Any advice would be greatly appreciated in order for me to gain some much sought after experiance.

Welshman
CV's usually quick look then bin, get too many. Phone call might get a bit more attention as will a personal visit if you time it right.
You have just been very unlucky with the timing. With no experience you will find it tough.
There are 100's (1000's) of good experienced site guys chasing around for work too. Most firms are ticking along ok with the work but not many are busy enough to start anyone. Keep looking you never know.
Good luck

I would be looking for someone who is smart, polite, a non smoker and able to express himself clearly.

He has to be prepared to work when there is work to be done and not home by 5.30 to go down the pub!

If he has that then I can teach him virtually everything else!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back