Brand new radiator wont get hot

ok, all rads have been turned off and its made no difference to the new radiator at all, any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
each radiator has one pipe in (feed) and one out. dont have a combi boiler and there is two tanks in the loft, one for water, one for central heating. also have an immersion with a self vent tap(?), where air can escape. dont have one of these on the boiler.

But do they connect to separate pipes in the floor or wherever they go.

Did it have a TRV before.

unfortunately i dont have a clue, can only see the pipes so far under the floor.

No it didnt have a TRV before, would that make a difference. To be honest, I'd be quite happy to remove the TRV if that would make it work.

Sponsored Links
what kind of rad is it,? they dont normally come with the rad tails fitted.

its a double convector radiator, we've connected it to the towels and bought the two valves, the TRV and the lockshield valve..

If it's a one pipe system you need a special TRV, so could indeed be the problem.

can you tell me what the difference is between TRVs. What would I be looking for.

Would it be easier to eliminate the TRV altogether and work off the room stat?

A one pipe valve will have a much larger body, and cost in the region of £40, each.

The new TRV I have put on is very similar to the ones on existing rads. I also have the same TRV on a new rad upstairs which is working fine so my thinking is its not a one pipe system?

Going back to the pressure, would the pressure from the return be as good as the pressure on the feed pipe?

In that case have you taken the actuator off and checked the pin isn't stuck down.

Already checked the pin. Both valves were fitted as per instructions. You can feel just past the TRV and its piping hot but it just doesnt seem to move further into the radiator, if that makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back