Break Glass Detectors & False Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering adding break glass detection to our intruder alarm (the rear of our garden backs onto a public footpath). I'm reasoning that break glass would enable the system to detection intrusion that bit faster & possibly even deter entry into the building. (Detection inside the rooms is by dualtechs).

My question relates to the railway beyond the path - it carries mostly freight trains (coal) but does carry passenger trains at weekends. We get a fair amount of vibration from these trains, both low frequency from the heavy, slow coal trains & higher frequency from the faster passenger services.

I know that break glass works by detecting a particular signature of frequencies when the glass flexes & breaks - but would it/could it be conned by the vibrations from the trains & hence lead to false alarms?

Sponsored Links
Had some issues with some in a supermarket in Nottingham , buses outside squealing brakes and vibrations , but this was only 3-4 m away , you should be ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back