Brick wall footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Need advice regarding brick wall footings. Planing to build 2m high, 1 and the half brick wide wall and with the edge to pavement. What kind of footing i should do ? and how deep and wide i should made footing?
25i9n2s.jpg
[/IMG]
25i9n2s.jpg

bven5cedd

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Footing depends on ground conditions? Assuming it is clay, the width of the wall would be sufficient and to be 100% safe from any movement it should be 900mm deep. A lot of people would go 600 or 700mm deep though. It will be difficult to lay bricks in the bottom of such a narrow trench so best to fill to within 150mm of the ground.

so what total wide i should do footings? and should i do square footing or T shape? and footing wont lean after long time, if all wall will lay on edge of footing? (as shown on the picture?)

Last edited:
Make the footing the same width as the wall. There is no need for it to be any wider.

Sponsored Links
so if i will dig 900mm trench, i should fill it with 750mm of concrete and leave aprox 150mm for 2 rows of brick which go underground? (ground condition - clay)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back