Bricking up a doorway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please advise me on the right way to go about bricking up a doorway...

In particular, the door, at present, butts up to a perpendicular wall so i understand i will need a wall starter... but what kind of wall starter is best ?

and what is the best way to go about this to ensure the work is level and plumb? (how would i attach my line to this perpendicular wall for instance)

I am matching the bricks and the new brickwork will be flush as opposed to stepped back a couple of mm.

All advice gratefully received

Sponsored Links
the best stainless steel wall starters, in my opinion, are the ones that allow you to fit the clip into a channel, as opposed to the pre-fixed pull down type.

you can actually tuck the line pin behind the wall starter channel. all you will need is a vertical mark and a gauge on the brickwork, onto which you can set the line.

tooth bond the existing side.

yes i forgot to mention i will be toothbonding on the easy side.

thanks for that advice, having never used a starter before i hadnt realised i could use it as a place to put the pin, i was thinking it would be too tight to the wall for that. so thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back