Bricky tool again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok men hows it goin right i need to build me self a front garden wall , pillars and all that , im looking at the dare i say it the bricky tool ,anyone know if i can use for a 9 inch wall , or shall i bite the bullit and do it the normal way,looks like i can save time money and have a decent job at the end of the day , i know all traditional brickies dont like it but im not traditional im just realistic at what i can do.

Any replies appreciated

Sponsored Links
Can piers be built with the bricky tool?

I don't think so. And if you can build a pier, then you can certainly lay bricks in a straight wall

For 9" walls you have to faff about laying half the bed with the bricky and the other half .... err freehand!

And I hope you like raked out joints full of gaps, or don't do like most people do and then smudge all the wall face trying to point up.

If you cannot get the first course straight and level the Brickie tool is no use to you.

If you can get the first course straight and level you don't need the Brickie tool.

The first course is the most difficult to get right and the one I have never seen demonstrated in a Brickie demonstration.

I want to extend a nine inch wall up just another four course, is there a brickies mate available to do that. tried to get a brickie but the job is too small for them and the ones that can want film star wages

Sponsored Links
I see a gap in the market.. a re-work of the bricky to make it variable size for different block sizes and for pillars..

I see a gap in the market.. a re-work of the bricky to make it variable size for different block sizes and for pillars..

I emailed the company last night asking if the could make one to suit block or double brick. As an engineer I can think of a few ways you could adapt the present one or design a completely new one without too much effort
They came up with this idea this morning but I think it is crap :rolleyes:
Unscrew 2 of the steel lugs on the wide side of the tool and use it to lay that perfect bed of mortar on half of the course. Place on the other half of the mortar bed freehand (using your trowel) or get a 12mm thick piece of timber about 1m long x 100mm wide and put a nail through it near each end, 6mm in off the edge as illustrated
http://www.bricky.ie/catalog/images/how_it_works/16.jpg

alternatively, cut the brickie in half lengthways and fit a piece of timber across the cut with screws.. this makes it adjustable for any width wall..

or just flip the brickie round to do the other side.. :rolleyes:

alternatively, cut the brickie in half lengthways and fit a piece of timber across the cut with screws.. this makes it adjustable for any width wall..

or just flip the brickie round to do the other side.. :rolleyes:

Yep, dead easy, or use plastic from left over fascia and slot it to fit any width :D
Needless to say they have not got back to me, probably copyrighting before and other half decent thinker/inventor does :D :D :D

001.gif
REMEMBER YOU SEEN IT HERE FIRST
057.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back