Bristan Mixer Shower Temperature

ckp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Newbie/non-plumber here, so please be easy on me.

I have a "bristan revelation" mixer shower - I can't find instructions or specs for this model anywhere on the internet, so I'm including pictures hoping someone recognizes it.

Problem: very recently, at its hottest setting, only warm water comes out of the shower, despite hot water entering the mixer unit. Nothing else has changed recently. One year ago I had a similar problem and a plumber fixed it in about 2 minutes, but I'm not sure what he did.

I've taken off the cover to expose the front screw - in most units there would be a maximum temperature adjustment inside of here, but there doesn't appear to be any allen key or screwdriver socket inside of the front screw.

Question: on this unit, where is the max temp adjustment and how do I get to it?
(any other ideas regarding simple fixes for this problem are always welcome)

Many thanks!
ckp

Sponsored Links
A long dead thread but in case anyone else finds there way here because they are looking for info on a Bristan shower mixer (as I did) then you should know that I, like the OP, couldn't find any info at all and ended up ditching the mixer and buying a new one.

Hi, I know this thread is really old now but I just bought a house with a Revelation shower and the temperature isn't controllable any longer. Thankfully it's just stuck on 'warm'.
Mine only has the round plastic bit exposed so I can't see the pipes behind to measure for a replacement.
Please can I ask if you found a new shower that replaced the revelation without having to alter the plumbing and if so, what it was?
I don't want to break the seal and remove mine without having a replacement as I don't have an alternative shower to use.
Thank you very much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back