British Gas 330+ boiler. Which GlowWorm model?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, newbie question.
I have searched the forum.

Is the British Gas 330+ boiler that I have a re-badged GlowWorm Flexicom HX or a re-badged GlowWorm Ultracom Sxi? There are conflicting thoughts on the forum.

I'd like to get a plumber to change my hot water from vented to unvented and one boiler looks suitable and the other doesn't. I can't afford a new boiler.
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/products/regular-heat-only-boilers/flexicom-hx/
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/products/system-boilers/ultracomsub2-sub-sxi/

I have also dropped an e-mail request to GlowWorm. Will update if they reply.
Many thanks, Rob

Sponsored Links
The BG 330+ is not simply re-badged. It is a different from both the flexi and ultra. It is probably better described as a hybrid??

See no reason why a 330+ should prevent fitting an unvented cylinder.

GlowWorm got back to me with the following reply.
Thank you Mr Smyth.

Is GlowWorm a part of Vaillant these days? I thought those boilers were in different quality leagues. I had a Vaillant system boiler in my last house and that was connected to an unvented santon premier 210l cylinder. Was hoping to have the same tank again.

<quote>
Good morning

Thank you for your enquiry

It is a boiler designed for British gas which is based on the Flexicom HX. It should not be an issue to have a unvented cylinder fitted to the system.

Regards
Luke Barlow
Renewable Technologies Technical Advisor
Vaillant Group U.K Ltd
</quote>

Sponsored Links
any modern heat only boiler can be connected to an unvented cylinder, they are totally seperate things

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back