British Gas Model Up2 keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My sister has recently moved in to a house and has a glow worm boiler and a Britsh Gas Model Up 2 control unit. I have set the time and schedule for her to come on for an hour in the morning. I have then set the left hand side (hot water) to timer, and the right hand side (heating) to off. However bang on time both the hot water and central heating kick in?? Do you have any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the red light coming on, on the heating side when Hw comes on or just that the radiators are getting hot when hw on?

Just the radiators get hot mate, the keypad behaves as though the heating isn't on even though the radiators are piping

It will most ikely be either a mid position(3 port valve) or a zone valve stuck in heating position. Usually found in the airing cupboard near the pump.

Sponsored Links
I can't see a three way valve in near the water tank upstairs so here's a picture of the keypad, boiler and pipe setup. I'm a boiler n00b so please use laymens terms :)

It's follow the pipework time for you. :LOL:

So I take it that there must be a 3 way valve somewhere but I just can't see it??

Thanks for the help guys

try under the floor directly above where those pipes go in.

Cheers for the replies guys. I have followed the pipes but can't see one of these valves anywhere :confused:

Is it possible that they have stuck this model of keypad on without the proper 3 way valve to activate all the funtionality? Does anyone know if I could take the front off the panal and see if there's a cable actually connected for a 3 way valve?

Anything is possible!

But the expectation is that it will have a motor valve(s).

Tony

Thanks mate. Does anyone have the wiring diagram from the British Gas model Up2 aka Drayton LP722?? That way I can 100% confirm there is no 3 way valve without tearing the house down :)

If you take the clock off you will likely see some wiring, it might not give you any clues.
Have you actually followed all the pipework? lifted carpets to find hatches? Valves get put in the most awkward places by smartarse installers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back