British Gas - New System - Are they really the devil?!

Sponsored Links
Agile,

I gave advice on the what I beleive to be sound advice given 24+ years experience.

Well after all your 24+ years you are still calling BG the "Gas Board". Some might think that you have not been able to keep up to date!

You cannot spell the work "believe" correctly either after 24+ years plus however long you spent at school.

For your information, I have never taken any gas or plumbing course apart from a 3 day gas refresher course before I took my ACS for the first time.

In spite of all that I expect that I could run rings around you in diagnosing any boiler fault!

But thats just me, and I do have the advantage of an engineering/electronics background. For most others, I agree an apprenticeship is the best way to start. But I know two CCs with a degree in French and an MSc in Humanities, who have taken well to boiler fault finding. For the right person, its their brain power which is relevant and not how many years spent on low level training.

Tony

Dear Tony,

As I have stated, there is more to the industry/trade than just repairing boilers old son.

Well after all your 24+ years you are still calling BG the "Gas Board". Some might think that you have not been able to keep up to date!

I'll call them what I please, I have also called them BG/SG.

You cannot spell the work "believe" correctly either after 24+ years plus however long you spent at school.

Before you slag anybody off for spelling old chum! ensure you use the spellchecker yourself before posting. LOL what an a-hole you have just MADE OF YOURSELF.

For your information, I have never taken any gas or plumbing course apart from a 3 day gas refresher course before I took my ACS for the first time.

In spite of all that I expect that I could run rings around you in diagnosing any boiler fault!

I can certainly assure you...you definitely wouldn't however, I KNOW I could run rings around you with regard to anything from Plumbing, heating, renewables to electricals.

You repair boilers old chum and thats ALL you do, very limited in your scope for expanding a business what?

That's the whole point of apprenticeships son....experience of the whole trade spectrum.

But thats just me, and I do have the advantage of an engineering/electronics background.

As do I.....how does a Beng in electrical & electronic engineering grab you, along with a business thats NICEIC Approved 'not micky mouse Part P', Gas Safe Registered 'Domestic & Commercial' , Oftec and MCS for renewables.

I've achieved a lot boy in my 24+ years and I'm doing OK, so you stick to what little you know best boiler service & repair man.

Leave the real work to the real trade businesses.

Anyway! why did you leave the old electronics job boy, no good at it?

You wan't an argument/bun fight? you came to the right fella alright.

Now hows about you get off your backside and get around and fit the OP's boiler or is that too much for you Ha Ha.

Sponsored Links
baxi due-techs are made in Preston. my boss had a vip tour :rolleyes: git....

I assume this remark is for my benefit ??? git ??????

nooo :LOL: i calling my boss a git, i had to do my 5 year re-sit for my ACS so he took my place.

transam your are un-git like and i am sorry for any offense :oops:

No offence taken , I was about to say somethinhg but I thought I had better ask 1st :D have a good one

Dear Tony,

Ha Ha.

I am sure they were happy that I could do it as they paid me on the same grade as a TV newsreader. But the BBC decided to privatise the Transmission Department where I worked and like many others I decided to leave shortly afterwards. A year later nearly 50% had left!

I mostly repair boilers but have fitted about 10 in the last year. But any monkey can fit boilers so I dont see that as anything special.

Tony

In spite of all that I expect that I could run rings around you in diagnosing any boiler fault! [/b]

I can certainly assure you...you definitely wouldn't however, I KNOW I could run rings around you with regard to anything from Plumbing, heating, renewables to electricals.

You repair boilers old chum and thats ALL you do, very limited in your scope for expanding a business what?

That's the whole point of apprenticeships son....experience of the whole trade spectrum.

But thats just me, and I do have the advantage of an engineering/electronics background.

As do I.....how does a Beng in electrical & electronic engineering grab you, along with a business thats NICEIC Approved 'not micky mouse Part P', Gas Safe Registered 'Domestic & Commercial' , Oftec and MCS for renewables.

I've achieved a lot boy in my 24+ years and I'm doing OK, so you stick to what little you know best boiler service & repair man.

Excellent, you both have bigger balls than each other. The rest of us mortals can simply watch in awe.

I mostly repair boilers but have fitted about 10 in the last year. But any monkey can fit boilers so I dont see that as anything special.

Tony

It must be more skilled than you think Tony judging by the sheer amount of 'Nuptie installers' you seem to come across. If it was that easy every install would be perfect wouldn't it?

I hope to progress to repairs one day myself - obviously it'll have to wait until I'm about 70 and can't do the physical side anymore. (like others I could name) :evil:

I expect parts changing is all we can manage eventually :LOL: ;)

Tony,

Why is your business address in London pal i.e for the gas safe register.

Yet on companies house 'you are a Ltd company right' Agile services Ltd and it is registered at an address in Surrey as a company that offers Software Consultancy & Supply services.

Two things here:

1. You are a middle to old aged one man band, so why the need to be Ltd.

2. Why is your business address different on companies house to your proper business address.

You stand up on this forum as some sort all knowing einstein, yet with a little digging! you turn out to look one dodgy fella.

Ollski,

I have know problem with you or anyone for that matter however, I think OLD all knowing super Biasa Boiler fixer needs brought down a peg or two.

After all, this stemed from the OP needing advice, i gave good advice and at the same time pointed out a few of BG's bad points.

Tony the crash course master took umbrage and yet I personally never directed anything at him to start with.

Tony,

The statement below shows what an elitist fellow you are! or so you think.

But I know two CCs with a degree in French and an MSc in Humanities, who have taken well to boiler fault finding. For the right person, its their brain power which is relevant and not how many years spent on low level training.

As a timeserved professional and also a graduate which, came later incidently. I take great umbrage in the fact that you assume that someone who undertook a craft apprenticeship is somewhat operating at a lower level of thinking.

If this is the case THEN WHY IS IT YOU AND THE TWO OTHERS WITH DEGREES HAVE SWAPPED CARRERS TO JOIN THE LOW LEVEL ACHEIVERS?

I can assure you a timeserved tradesman would be of more use and posess not only intelligence but more importantly common sense of which, neither you or your two french/humanties chums could ever aspire to.

I think you should quit while your behind old man and get your head back in they Biasa books.

You are a plonker of the highest order, evident in what you posted once advocating the use of stthoscope to fault find a diverter valve on a Vailent combi.

I'm surprised the customer never had you taken away. LOL

Dear Tony,

Ha Ha.

I am sure they were happy that I could do it as they paid me on the same grade as a TV newsreader. But the BBC decided to privatise the Transmission Department where I worked and like many others I decided to leave shortly afterwards. A year later nearly 50% had left!

Tony

i carn't see how can you slag other people off, with some of the advice you dish out, you can serve your time with me if you like & do a apprenticeship??

Hey Toneeeee coeeeee!

Whats wrong oh great one, you not going to answer some pertinent questions I asked you.

Or are you in the middle of stripping the missus oops! sorry that old boiler down in the middle of yer front room.

Come on auld yin, fight yer corner! you're the resident expert after all. LOL

Hey Toneeeee coeeeee!

Whats wrong oh great one, you not going to answer some pertinent questions I asked you.

Or are you in the middle of stripping the missus oops! sorry that old boiler down in the middle of yer front room.

Come on auld yin, fight yer corner! you're the resident expert after all. LOL

you're in a ****ing*** dream world if you think glazier is able to respond to any of that. he has already ignored you on this thread.

thats what he does, makes an arse of himself and moves on to the next thread in the hope no one notices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back