British Gas RC Plus thermostat instructions

I had the same problem with the boiler not starting up when the Thermostat said that i was sending the signal. It turnout to be a fault with the box with the flashing lights on and not the thermostat, according to the engineer its a common fault after a couple of years!

I have a different problem now, the digits on the RC Plus thermostat screen are broken up so some bits are missing, it still works fine, but difficult to tell what the temp is... anyone had this and know how to fix it without having to replace it?

Sponsored Links
The thermostat control does not seem to be stopping the heating. Even when I turn the temperature down it keeps heating. How do i stop it?

What kind of system do you have?

RC Plus with a wireless receiver box connected to a regular boiler?

Sponsored Links
the reciver box do need replaced quite regular the quality of them is terrible
they are made for profit not quality

Hi

found an error 'E7' on our BritishGas (Drayton) RCplus transmitter unit yesterday. No function possible with it and after changing batteries and resetting receiver decided to call in British Gas.

They had never seen that before. Standard error code is 'E1'. Just in case you think I may have been mistaken the '7' was a '7' and not a 1!

New transmitter unit fitted and all fine. Seems these can be fickle units.

I wondered if it may have been the on board Li (watch/clock) battery playing up. The engineer said he may test the unit to track down the problem as he was technically minded to find out.

I will email these instructions to anyone who needs them
If your offer still stands I'd appreciate if you could email them to iain.fergusson@ . We've got one of these things at work and no one can figure out how to program the auto now that the original instructions have gone walkabout. Tks.
(Is it in fact the same as the Drayton unit and should I have been trying to locate the Drayton instruction manual?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back