British Jewish women trapped

Sponsored Links
For me, law of the land takes precedence over any religion.
If the religion can mediate I disputes, fine. But it need to be supporting the law, not working to a different set of rules.

Ridiculous IMO how anyone can expect to be governed by ancient texts that have no democratic legitimacy,or relevance to the 21st Century.

For me, law of the land takes precedence over any religion.
If the religion can mediate I disputes, fine. But it need to be supporting the law, not working to a different set of rules.

Ridiculous IMO how anyone can expect to be governed by ancient texts that have no democratic legitimacy,or relevance to the 21st Century.
Exactly.As an atheist this religious sh1te makes my blood boil,but at the same time I feel I must point out double standards e.g
ps ‏@mithunc111 · Mar 27
@TRobinsonNewEra British Muslims launch a "Muslim Manifesto". Guess what is their top demand?Circumcision Burka http://muslimmanifesto2015.com/draft-muslim-manifesto/

In this example if one cares to read it properly it clearly states ''in no particular order'' and yet nobody picks upon this point or the fact that the jewish community are allowed to perform the Brit millah in the uk.

Well, let's face it; who would want to live in a country where you weren't allowed to cut off the end of your cock?

Sponsored Links
Clearly, this thread has been started as a counter against 'muslim bashing'. Let me state that, as another atheist, I have no particular gripe with any organised religion, other than to say that I think they are all a product of mediaeval beliefs and have no place in modern societies.

I should like to suggest that, whilst I disagree with both muslim and jewish religious courts, the latter has not been given the publicity of the former simply because the practitioners of the latter tend to keep themselves to themselves, whilst the practitioners of the former make regular demands on the rest of us to change our own practices for their benefit!

the practitioners of the former make regular demands on the rest of us to change our own practices for their benefit!
Are you sure?

Have you seen religionists campaigning for the abolition of the National Lottery, or the prohibition of alcohol? Has someone asked your wife to wear a burkha? What regular demands have you received?

article-2523658-1A179E4500000578-127_634x393.jpg

Dozens of Muslim protestors gathered to demand that businesses stop selling alcohol in a popular East London area yesterday.

The group, led by former Al-Muhajiroun leader Anjem Choudary, warned restaurants and shops in the Brick Lane area that they face 40 lashes if they continue to sell the product, which is banned under Sharia Law.

Around 60 men and women in burkhas handed over warning letters to Muslim-owned businesses in the area after the protest was initially delayed by a small number of English Defence League members staging a counter-protest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-sale-alcohol-popular-East-London-area.html

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
All the 'black daleks' in the picture above reminded me of another one I saw recently of the Ku Klux Klan. The latter are derided, whilst the former are accepted.

There's something wrong with this country, and I think we can all* see what it is.

(* except the apologists, of course.)

I observe the article says "handed over warning letters to Muslim-owned businesses in the area." As you may know, Muslims are supposed to avoid alcohol.

This article does not support JBR's allegation that they "make regular demands on the rest of us to change our own practices"

article-2523658-1A179E4500000578-127_634x393.jpg

Dozens of Muslim protestors gathered to demand that businesses stop selling alcohol in a popular East London area yesterday.

The group, led by former Al-Muhajiroun leader Anjem Choudary, warned restaurants and shops in the Brick Lane area that they face 40 lashes if they continue to sell the product, which is banned under Sharia Law.

Around 60 men and women in burkhas handed over warning letters to Muslim-owned businesses in the area after the protest was initially delayed by a small number of English Defence League members staging a counter-protest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...alcohol-popular-East-London-area.html[/QUOTE]

For noseys benefit.

I observe the article says "handed over warning letters to Muslim-owned businesses in the area." As you may know, Muslims are supposed to avoid alcohol.

This article does not support JBR's allegation that they "make regular demands on the rest of us to change our own practices"

Google wrote...
"British Muslims have presented a Manifesto to Parliament outlining the thirty-three issues they want addressed by candidates for Parliament. This list provides a clear picture of the Muslim agenda in the UK, and it also helps us understand more-or-less what issues are on the agenda for American Muslims"

33 issues.
How many of them do you think espouce fairness and equality?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

Oh that's ok then . Cos Alans snackbar book says that any muslim shopkeepers who want to sell pop can't, we should let them be persecuted for selling it. Are you an Islamic extremist? English law says licensed premises can sell booze. End of.

Oh that's ok then . Cos Alans snackbar book says that any muslim shopkeepers who want to sell pop can't, we should let them be persecuted for selling it. Are you an Islamic extremist? English law says licensed premises can sell booze. End of.
On the other hand, maybe it should be made law that Muslims aren't permitted to own businesses that sell booze :p ;)

Sponsored Links
Back