Britony 2T problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Britony 2T water heater, 10 years old is starting to misbehave. It fires up ok when I draw water in the shower but then after a while it runs cold for a bit then comes back up hot. I believe it is the Britony at fault and not the thermostatic shower mixer. Any suggestions? I am going to have the diaphragm replaced in the near future as it is due a change according to service guidelines.

Sponsored Links
Try running a basin tap at half flow while using shower and see what happens then.

Sponsored Links
In that case it could well be the diaphragm unit at fault.

Needs someone who is familiar with them as they need lubricating as well as just changing the diaphragm.

Get them to change the water governor if a diaphragm doesn't cure it they often displayed the same fault, never looked anything wrong with the old one but it used to cure it.
Remember the outer case seal is important so don't be tempted to "have a go" it's not a diy job.:)

In that case it could well be the diaphragm unit at fault.

Needs someone who is familiar with them as they need lubricating as well as just changing the diaphragm.

Thanks. I have acquired a kit from eBay a water section repair kit, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHAFFOTEA...193980?hash=item418372823c:g:DycAAOSw7I5TvlxO but I dont know how I can find someone familiar with it! These heaters went out of fashion and chances are whoever I engage won't know much about them. Is there anyone here who is willing to do this job? I live in Eastleigh, Hampshire.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Get them to change the water governor if a diaphragm doesn't cure it they often displayed the same fault, never looked anything wrong with the old one but it used to cure it.
Remember the outer case seal is important so don't be tempted to "have a go" it's not a diy job.:)
Thanks. No way would I do anything inside a gas/electric appliance.

you know the fault you decide the cure you bought the part and now you want some one who knows familiar with this heater. When he fits your part and its still the same who will you blame I live near you I,m qualified by training experience and by gas safe so why would I want you looking over my shoulder telling me how to do it

you know the fault you decide the cure you bought the part and now you want some one who knows familiar with this heater. When he fits your part and its still the same who will you blame I live near you I,m qualified by training experience and by gas safe so why would I want you looking over my shoulder telling me how to do it
You misunderstand. I bought the kit so that it is present for when the fitter comes along. I don' t think any fitter would carry this with him. As for going to any place that purports to supply boiler etc parts you must know they have not even heard of this heater. You may be well qualified, no question about that, but have you ever worked on this particular heater? I f you have, then are you prepared to undertake this task in accordance with what experts on here have indicated? If so, please get in touch and we can discuss this further. Your task would be to fit the kit in accordance with manufacturers instructions and leave the heater in at least the same condition as it was and NO WORSE due to incorrect fitting of parts or otherwise damaging it. I think that is fair. If fitting of the kit does not cure the problem then next step would be to renew the governor.

I understand this thread is very very old. But wanted to ask, anyone who has experience with Britony2t the flame appears on igniting it but I am unsure where the dial below need sto go for hot water. its a rental property and the dials image unclear so cant work out whether it needs to be turned right middle or left. please advise. can be contacted via removed if anyone does happen to read this

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand this thread is very very old. But wanted to ask, anyone who has experience with Britony2t the flame appears on igniting it but I am unsure where the dial below need sto go for hot water. its a rental property and the dials image unclear so cant work out whether it needs to be turned right middle or left. please advise. can be contacted via removed if anyone does happen to read this
Top dial is for lighting the pilot bottom dial adjusts the temperature of the water, you turn it to how you want the water to be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back