Britony Combi SE 80 DHW Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the above boiler. You have to turn the taps on full to get the hot water to come out. When the tap is turned on low, the actuator moves, but does not go down enough to operate the microswitch that starts the burner and pump. Water is not as hot as it should be suggesting to me that the 3 way valve us not opening fully. Could this be a dodging actuator, or could it be the valve sticking and not allowing the actuator to operate properly? Can the valves be cleaned or just be replaced?
Thanks,
Richard

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response. Where is the diaphragm located? I guess in the actuator above the valve?
Richard

I replaced the whole actuator and diapragm unit, On inspecting the old one, it looked OK, and the valve is still not pushing down enough to operate the microswitch.
Now I want to remove the 3 way valve to inspect and clean, does anyone have experience of how to do this? The manual says to twist off after the actuaotr has been removed, but it looks more complicated than that to me.
Thanks,
Richard

Sponsored Links
Clean and lube the water control valve under the diaphragm housing. (61301952)

Did cleaning the water control valve work? I have the same problem - thinking of just replacing the unit.

It would be worthwhile removing and examining the flow regulator assembly ( look for a worn/broken plastic part within the unit ) this assembly is in the water path between either side of the diaphragm and when it failes ( like mine did ) the result was EXACTLY as is described here.

This was the culprit when I had this problem. Unfortunatly you will have to get the unit as a whole... Its very easy to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back