Broken hinge on integrated fridge door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was hoping someone could advise me on where I might be able to order the hinge in the picture below. The height from the top to the bottom is 6cm. Unfortunately I have no idea who the unit is made by, so unable to be more specific.

Any help greatly received (from both myself and my soon to be homeless food)

Sandip

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Take it off & go show it to someone at B&Q. It looks like an ordinary kitchen door hinge to me.....

Hinges for integrated appliances can sometimes be difficult to obtain. You may need to buy them as a pair from the manufacturer or an online spares supplier, but they should be available as long as you have make & model of the appliance.

Kipper, it looks alot chunkier that a ordinary kitchen cupboard door. You'll also see in the first pic below that there are a couple of screws that go directly into the fridge door and in the second, there's a bit of White metal sticking up through the hinge that appears to regulate the hinges distance from the main unit

jj4091, I thought that may be the case. Unfortunately the fridge was already there when we moved in. I did find out this morning, from the inside of the freezer unit door, that it is made by EFF but I can't find the model number.

Will I definitely need this and if I do, any idea where I can find it?

Sponsored Links
That's not a manufacturer I've ever heard of & it is not recognised on the e-spares site so if you have no joy at one of the sheds then you will need to remove the appliance & have a look at the back for a plate with manufacturer, model & serial number etc.

Thanks jj4091 - sorted out make and model - it's a Neff K4513X0GB/01 and it looks like THIS should do the job.

Not dealt with an integrated unit before - do you think I'll need to take the fridge out to do this job or can it be carried out with the unit in place?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back