Broken intermediate stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we've just bought our first house and were renovating the whole thing. Want to take out the bath and the kitchen sink I have turned off the water supply at the mains in the cellar and turned off the valves to the hot water tank and drained it and none of the taps now have running water. However the stopcock behind the sink which I'm guessing is just for the supply to the kitchen sink has broken off and now it can't be turned off. Can I replace this with the mains water turned off or does it need to be switched off outside which will mean turning off other people's water supply on the street.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated many thanks
Charlotte

Sponsored Links
Check for water at the taps upstream of that stop cock.....if no water runs then the tap in your cellar is supplying the entire house so you can bash on.
John :)

Thank you I ran the kitchen taps and nothing came out so thought I'd be ok but wanted to check I'm completely knew to this and learning as I go!
Thank you :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back