Broken Mirrored Bathroom Cabinet Door, Help needed pls...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just had an altercation with my mirrored bathroom cabinet door, which resulted in it becoming broken into a few pieces. This was the end result of an accident involving a wet floor, my build being on the larger side of life and the open mirrored door being the nearest thing to grab as the horizon moved...

The cabinet is part of a fitted cabinet / bathroom suite that is at least five years old, and installed by the previous owners; Make unknown. It was part of two cabinets on one wall with four (now three) mirrored doors, and an open shelving wall unit at one end.

I am looking for the best way to replace the glass I had my disagreement with; Can anybody help?

For info about the mirrored door: it measured (existing one exactly measured) 657 x 297 by 6mm (made up of two sheets of 3mm mirrored glass glued together back to back, so mirrored on both sides) with very subtle bevelled edges on all sides. It was fixed to the cabinet by two glued Blum glass hindges which locate in to a standard kitchen cabinets T-Bar hindge base. Looks very well made.

Don't want to replace cabinets as they are tilled in. Can supply photos if needed...

I'm based in Surrey, UK: Any pointers welcome...

James

Sponsored Links
Take the door off and take it to your nearest glaziers. They should be able to repair it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back