BT anchor point in the way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

i started replacing my guttering on the weekend but i have hit a snag literally.

there is a BT anchor point attached to the fascia board under the gutter. this is in the way of the new gutter

im pretty sure i cant just remove it (we dont have a phone line, but the cable comes to our house, then goes from ours to another)

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I have moved plenty, if the screws have rusted use a small crow bar then replace it when you have finished.

i was thinking of taking the thing off, but the cables seem to be really tensioned

so as soon as i take it off i can see if flying across the garden

spoke to BT on 0800 917 7381 who sad they will send someone out. he said there wont be a charge aswell as we don't have any services with BT

which was nice

i was thinking of taking the thing off, but the cables seem to be really tensioned

spoke to BT on 0800 917 7381 who sad they will send someone out. he said there wont be a charge aswell as we don't have any services with BT

which was nice

Hmm, really? I've not heard that b4, its usually £127. Well if they said that then sorted! :cool:

Sponsored Links

which was nice

Hmm, really? I've not heard that b4, its usually £127. Well if they said that then sorted! :cool:

Phone call this morning off the call centre to say an engineer will be out on saturday

i will keep you updated on what happens

I should hope they don't charge, if you aren't a customer and they are using your property to serve another they should probably pay you rent!

also done lots of these - if i have any doubts i put a bracket onto the house wall and tie rope to the bt wire to take any pull when removing the bt one.
A few years ago letterswent sent round from BT warning us not to remove any bt property at all.

stuff them!

:D :D

dorry i aint updated this...

engineer came around an disconnected the wire from the anchor point

he said due to the age of the bracket he didn't want to to touch as it risks damaging the woods its screwed into....

so once he had gone i pulled it out with a pry bar :mrgreen:

thanks all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back