BT Damaged manhole cover REPORTING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how to contact BT about a damaged manhole cover, it is on an unlit pavement.
I just want to send them a photo & give the location.
Or do I report via my local council?

Sponsored Links
@securespark, I found that I just thought would be easier on email. been on the phone 10minutes before they could find it on there system, its now reported & ref no. supplied.
Apparently it should be deal with (made safe) within 4hrs.
I think its been damaged for years, people for some reason seem reluctant to report things, maybe they don't have time like me (old man walking the dog).

So for anyone else call them please call 0800 023 2023 (option 1).

someones knocked a concrete ballard over on my street, its on its side and left a crater in the pavement, i assume that should be reported to the council?

Sponsored Links
@securespark, I found that I just thought would be easier on email. been on the phone 10minutes before they could find it on there system, its now reported & ref no. supplied.
I think its been damaged for years, people for some reason seem reluctant to report things, maybe they don't have time like me (old man walking the dog).

So for anyone else call them please call 0800 023 2023 (option 1).

Same reason people don't report to the police I would think. Nothing but aggrevation and you never hear the last of it.

@HawkEye244, its about care/consideration.
If people see a pile of rubbish more is left, its the start of a declining neighbourhood.
If it doesn't cost me money, I am more than happy to report things, especially if it gets acted on.
Maybe I'm a sad Batrd as I cut brambles back when I'm walking & also pick litter up.

Tell me where it is, there might still be time to fall down it an put a claim in?

If people see a pile of rubbish more is left, its the start of a declining neighbourhood.
If it doesn't cost me money, I am more than happy to report things, especially if it gets acted on.
Maybe I'm a sad Batrd as I cut brambles back when I'm walking & also pick litter up.

Doesn't make much difference if you are the only one that cares though does it? Just makes you feel old, sad and weird. The trouble is what with everything else that goes on in the crazy society we live in you can't really expect people to act in a responsible, considerate way. We've got a lot of problems, this is just one tiny tiny dysfunction to go with the rest isn't it really ?

Doesn't make much difference if you are the only one that cares though does it? Just makes you feel old, sad and weird. The trouble is what with everything else that goes on in the crazy society we live in you can't really expect people to act in a responsible, considerate way. We've got a lot of problems, this is just one tiny tiny dysfunction to go with the rest isn't it really ?

One person may not seem to achieve much but if it leads to others following their example then a great deal can be achieved.
The sad fact about this country is far too many people have the attitude that its not their concern so their effort won't make a difference. They should learn about the snowflake syndrome. Never heard of it?

If one snowflake falls nobody notices. If many snowflakes fall everyone notices and by falling together they change things. Yes, it may be the scenery that changes or driving conditions change. The moral is, when things are done collectively great changes can be made for the good of everyone.

One person may not seem to achieve much but if it leads to others following their example then a great deal can be achieved.
The sad fact about this country is far too many people have the attitude that its not their concern so their effort won't make a difference. They should learn about the snowflake syndrome. Never heard of it?

If one snowflake falls nobody notices. If many snowflakes fall everyone notices and by falling together they change things. Yes, it may be the scenery that changes or driving conditions change. The moral is, when things are done collectively great changes can be made for the good of everyone.

Yes and if that happened more we would live in a fairer society but it doesn't so we don't.

To build a snowman you start off with a small ball.

(And a positive, not negative, attitude goes a long way to helping :)).

To build a snowman you start off with a small ball.

(And a positive, not negative, attitude goes a long way to helping :)).

Lovely conny but again reality has a way of getting involved. To evolve as a species we are going to need a lot more than positive thinking.

Sponsored Links
Back