BTU Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just wanted an expert opinion on an appropiate BTU value for my radiators downstairs.

Front Room (not north facing)
3.4m x 4.2m x 2.8m(H)
Suspended wooden Floorboards, two double glazed windows (1m x 1.6 & 0.5m x 1.6m).

Middle Room
3.4m x 3.4m x 2.8m(H)
Concerete Floor, one double glazed window (0.9m x 1.6m)

I have tried many BTU calc sites with varying values and just wanted to know if any experts could give me a figure.

Regards

Sponsored Links
just remember

if its a tad oversize you can turn it down

if its undersize your stuffed

fwiw i always go one size up on the calcs ;)

Sponsored Links
Forget about the btu's. Not only is it out of date (it has been kW for a while) it is also highly theoretical with an error margin of 30-40% as nothing unusual.

Your new boiler will want a larger capacity rad for optimum efficiency, for one thing. Add again a bit more to increase the speed at which a cold room warms up. Compare that against the performance of the existing rad.
For the purpose of this exercise, you can assume that twice as long is twice the capacity, and double panel is twice the capacity of a single panel .

The only thing that counts, is if your room ALWAYS warms up well enough, and fast enough. If it doesn't, go a fari bit bigger. If it is ok, go a bit bigger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back