Buderus boiler stops delivering heat after a while..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My heating system at home is a Buderus 500 Combi boiler, with TRV's in all rooms except the living room where I have the room stat located.

I've recently had a new flow & safety sensor installed. This worked for a short while before the pump gave up so we've now had a new pump fitted. All parts were replaced with exact models that Buderus recommend.

The heating works now, although it has one remaining problem

It comes on, as expected at a set time and the boiler fires up great, rads get nice and hot (CH water temp is reported at around 78 degrees) and will run for an hour or so kicking out plenty of heat... Then just before the room stat has a chance to switch off, the boiler returns an error stating

"0E The boiler is in ready mode. There is a current heat requirement, but too much energy has been supplied"

Then after 10 minutes this fault clears, the boiler goes about its business again but does not fully fire up and only heats the CH water temp to about 50 degrees (and barely enough to re-trigger the room stat to go off) before it will eventually reset itself again when it reports the same above error.

I'm at a loss to explain what it is, and the full servicing and troubleshooting manual suggests troubleshooting for all error codes other than this one!

Any suggestions or advice would be most helpful - I'm an electrical engineer (not a heating engineer!) so most troubleshooting is fine for me but I don't have much heating system experience

Cheers,

Rich

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back