Budget Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've seen the thread on best boilers, but what is the general feeling about which are the best budget boilers (if there is such a thing?)

My local independent merchants keep banging on about Main combis being "great for the price"

Regards,

Graham

Sponsored Links
The mains boiler isn't bad for what it is tried and tested model been around for years had different names under Baxi,then Potterton and now main

the Baxi group have all the flag ship stuff go through Baxi then as it gets older it will go badged as potterton,then when its old it becomes a main.By this time it may be old but its well tried and tested

Unfortunately very soon you will no longer be able to install Band B boilers and then main HE 24kw will be no more,back to main Eco which is aliminium based main heat exchanger and a Band A
Biasi are much better bet as mid course boiler.with stainless steel ginnoni heat exchanger and all industry standard parts and all tried and tested technology they have come very long way in the uk market

Ariston are very keeely priced and all band A technology and come complete with 5 year warranty so definetly worth looking into

There is alot of choice out there for people with tried tested boiler technology who have built decent reputation

OR you can buy an IDEAL LOGIC which is their new flag ship and promises five year warranty,which by the on their earlier one year warranties they refused to repair known faults on their equipement,and caused the heating industry massive amount of damage

So its your money.spend it well ,peace out ...........Happy Plumber :) :)

Biasi Riva advance is an ok boiler for a budget and can be easily weather compd as well. Would also echo comments about the Main, as far as I can make out its almost identical to some of its more expensive cousins at Baxi/Potterton.

Sponsored Links
I would stay clear of Biasi , boilers they are a lousey company to deal with , at 10.50 a.m on the 8th April 2008 I was told (& I quote)
When reporting an in-warranty fault , 'We (biasi) dont get involved with intermittent faults' , than you need to think about your installer if you already have one , if a biasi service agent turns up , he better make sure he is on site , other wise they will slag the installation off , probably even measure the height of the R.stat off the floor , biasi U.K have turned a blind eye & a deaf ear to what go's on for far to long , in my veiw there is a scam going on

i wish i heard this two years ago!! when i started as a service agent for biasi. following your advice I would of got some sticky business card printed up to put on the front of the boilers. then get full colour brochures about my self to give out to the installer customers.

all this time i have been missing out :eek: not doing any of the things you claim biasi service agents do :LOL:

on a more on topic note. biasi b rated stuff is the best (b rated) boiler out at the moment IMO.

I would stay clear of Biasi , boilers they are a lousey company to deal with , at 10.50 a.m on the 8th April 2008 I was told (& I quote)
When reporting an in-warranty fault , 'We (biasi) dont get involved with intermittent faults' , than you need to think about your installer if you already have one , if a biasi service agent turns up , he better make sure he is on site , other wise they will slag the installation off , probably even measure the height of the R.stat off the floor , biasi U.K have turned a blind eye & a deaf ear to what go's on for far to long , in my veiw there is a scam going on

How many dealings have you had in total with Biasi? This is not anything like my experiences with them. I appreciate that using a company that uses service agents can be a bit hit and miss sometimes but on the whole I think its better as often the agent is an installer himself and lives in the real world. As it is I've not yet had to call one out which I think is testament to the product.

i wish i heard this two years ago!! when i started as a service agent for biasi. following your advice I would of got some sticky business card printed up to put on the front of the boilers. then get full colour brochures about my self to give out to the installer customers.

all this time i have been missing out :eek: not doing any of the things you claim biasi service agents do :LOL:

on a more on topic note. biasi b rated stuff is the best (b rated) boiler out at the moment IMO.

Biasi Agent In Biasi Best Shocker :D

On a serious note i would go for the mains its what i would put in my house out of the ones mentioned.
They are as someone pointed out nearly the exact same boiler as the A rated Performa and Duo Tec.

On a serious note i would go for the mains its what i would put in my house out of the ones mentioned.
They are as someone pointed out nearly the exact same boiler as the A rated Performa and Duo Tec.

No mate its not the same as duotec,no stainless steel HE,its the same type of ALi HE that iss being used on the baxi BBU

Mind you for the money it its cheap look at worcester who have an ali block and some people like to believe they are the best boilers out in the market

Or at least their brochures would like us to believe that anyways :D

I have always considerd the biasi boilers I have installed to be good reliable boilers , in fact the early biasi sr boilers are & were the most reliable boilers of there type I have ever used . Installed 361 biasi boilers . & I am in part responsible for numerous other installations by others . !st biasi install was 1998 ,Prisma combi, we were giving a 2 year warranty on there boilers in , long before biasi ever did , I think they offered a 2 year warranty for a while on the parva , dealings with biasi , got a file of correspondence , met with there reps , complained in person , at there old factory , got a letter from the previous M.D , 2008 /09 ?) stating what biasi 's policy is concerning service agents & in-warranty faults , either they & others employed directly by biasi dont know what it is or there ignoring it !! got a copy of the 6 page advertising
(A3) doc.' that is or used to be left by there service agents on every in-warranty service visit . My opinion ( & others ) a scam .

general rule of thumb bundget boilers = made to fail boilers as dangermouse46 says you get what you pay for the cheapest/budget boiler i would ever install would be either a vaillant ecotec pro or the potterton suprima he

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back