Budgeting, any idea?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum, or not the done thing here. New so, ya know...

Looking to put in an offer for a house and looking for rough quotes. House, while appears well maintained cleaning wise, decore and rooms look very 70s. As such looking to get quotes to help with out offer.
House is a 1920s end of terrace, 3 bedroom and bathroom (bathroom upstairs).

body of works:
- RSJ for a 3.2m wall (knocking very small kitchen into back room)
- fill in internal door
-replace current back door and window with just a window suitable for kitchen cabinet height
- replace current back room window with french doors
- replaster and get good this room (now 4.3x6m)
-Rewire including adding extra sockets, aerial points, networking and phone point upstairs (all in wall) and consumer box
-Replace 2x radiators
-Replace any plumming needed for new bathroom suit and eletrics (i want a heated, lighted mirror for example)
-Replaster upstairs ceiling
- if it's a done thing move attic hatch from bathroom into landing and increase access size

I appreciate it's very vague but it's to have an idea of costs, if it's going to be 12k or 22k. I know costs of new kitchen and and bathroom need to be accounted for, but for sake of this it'll be to get everything to a stage where it can be install

Sponsored Links
3k - RSJ for a 3.2m wall (knocking very small kitchen into back room)
50 + door - fill in internal door
£750 -replace current back door and window with just a window suitable for kitchen cabinet height
1k - replace current back room window with french doors
£600 - replaster and get good this room (now 4.3x6m)
4k -Rewire including adding extra sockets, aerial points, networking and phone point upstairs (all in wall) and consumer box
£100 -Replace 2x radiators
£750 -Replace any plumbing needed for new bathroom suit and electrics (i want a heated, lighted mirror for example)
1k -Replaster upstairs ceiling
£200 - if it's a done thing move attic hatch from bathroom into landing and increase access size

So yeah my figure of 13k was not far off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back