Building in blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to build a shed at the rear of my house which will butt up to the rear wall of the house. This way I'll only need to build 3 walls :) Being an amateur I would welcome advice from those who know what they're doing!

I plan to build up to dpc level in brick and then after that in blocks. Will lightweight breeze blocks be ok?

They will be rendered when the job is finished. Or should I use something waterproof such as concrete blocks? Also is it ok to build directly from the concrete slab which is already there?
This is one foot thick and on good solid clay. Finally how do I tie the new bricks and blocks to the existing brickwork of the house? The size of the shed is to be 5 metres by 3.5 metres and it is to be used as my workshop.

I already have planning permission. Many thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back