building regs question re: Extending an extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a single storey extension on the back of our house, which doesn't go all the way up to our neighbours boundary. If we want to extend across, apart from a party wall agreement (i guess), would there be any possible building regs that need to be adhered to, or would we need additional planning permission?

Sponsored Links
Not sure I follow, you have a small extension and you wish to make it full width? Correct?

Building Regs and Planning are completely different beasts.

All of the relevant Building regs would need to be adhered to.

As for planning how far out is the existing extension? Is your house a semi, terraced or detached?

A couple of sketches showing the existing plan and your proposed plan with a couple of dimensions would be beneficial,

Not sure I follow, you have a small extension and you wish to make it full width? Correct?

Building Regs and Planning are completely different beasts.

All of the relevant Building regs would need to be adhered to.

As for planning how far out is the existing extension? Is your house a semi, terraced or detached?

A couple of sketches showing the existing plan and your proposed plan with a couple of dimensions would be beneficial,

Hi there,

current extension is 5m out from the house, we live in a terrace. All of the houses are 2 up 2 downs with extensions for the kitchen and bathroom. extending the width to the border is about an extra 1m in width.

I don't think we would look to extend the full 5 metres out, possibly only about 3 metres so we can extend the kitchen. Will try and take a couple of pictures before it gets dark.

If I understand you correctly, you're looking to build an extension that is 1m wide and 5m deep?

Almost sounds like a waste of time -lit of work for relatively little gain

If you gonna do this you'll need to complete the neighbor consultation scheme or apply for planning

Sponsored Links
We shall have to wait for the OP to provide some useful information. I'm on the edge of my seat .....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back