Built under double oven - carcass size problem

It's a quite old Creda 5.4kW which has been following me around for many years now (the grill is nuclear:cool:); it's probably not made any more. The part number is 48196, so you could have a look at the instructions to get the general idea though. http://www.manualsmania.com/model.php?model=17a4334be22b9f4c9af98bd5cb7decb34a0bb98

$(KGrHqMOKi0E4q0g1LltBOWZ2,kg8w~~60_12.JPG

Image nicked from eBay - that's not my house!

Sponsored Links
Hi Echoes

Many thanks for speedy reply and pic. Having looked on line, it does seem like Hotpoint (aka Creda) built under ovens do have legs. This is better as the one cupboard to the side is inly skinny and I'd worry about the whole oven being fixed to this. However, I still have to deal with the other 'side' where this is no side panel support and I'm wondering how easy it would be retrofit a panel.... I think it needs to be fixed both sides really.

Also wondering about gap between the top of the oven housing and the underside of the work top as I need a min of 80mm to accommodate the gas pipe for the hob. Manuals don't seem to provide this info

Perhaps I should now be hanging out on the Kitchen Fitters forum?

SB

I did find that the space for the gas pipe for the hob was very tight. Had to go into an elbow immediately from the hob connection. Remedial plumbing was needed for the iron pipe sticking out of the wall.
Had an inch at most at the back, although there was at least 2 inches between the top of the oven housing and the underside of the worktop.

Many thank.s yes I think my gas pipe will need re-routing. I'm going to call Hotpoint to get the exact dims - bugger all info on their website!

Cheers
]Sb

Sponsored Links
If it were me, I would fit an end panel on the left and attach the oven to that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back