burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, ive just moved into a house which has a burglar alarm, the property has been empty for 6 months and i dont have the code to arm it.

I tried to contact the installers number but there not trading anymore, Im an electrician but have only fitted 1 new system before and never servicing one. Obviously i dont want to call out a security engineer to reset it if i can do it myself.

The alarm is a 'ACCENTA IDEAL' it has the normal number keypad with 'chime, omit, reset, prog and set buttons' Theres nothing in the main panel except a printed circuit board.

How do i crash it and enter a new code? cheers

Sponsored Links
unless you have the engineering instructions you cant. I did a search for you and i can only find it listed by a supplier, not a manufacturer

is there anything else written inside it?

Ive also searched for a manual with no luck, theres no model number on it anywhere.

As soon as you put a supply to it the alarm sounds, even holding the reset button on the pad for 10 sec nothing happens.I'll wait a few days and see if i get a posting if not i'll have to call someone out :cry:

i doubt if you will get a reply, but can i offer this obvious but simple advice

as you power it up holding the reset button will not do anything as it is in alarm condition it wants the code to silence it first

with alarm companies they will charge you call out + parts, ask first do they know your particular panel, then be carefull as an old trick is to tell you it is either obsolete or faulty and you MUST have a new one

as you are an electrican why not get a new (different panel) from you usual electrical wholesaler it would be much cheaper

Sponsored Links
Cheers baggy, The manual was virtually the same,I was on the right lines with the reset button but not in the right order.

The voice dialler will now call me if someones stealing my beer while im at work!!

Bummer, her indoors is back and I've been looking for a free supply for 2 weeks !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back