burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm is saying CCT - and some numbers constantly that I don't know what's wrong with it. Last week I was nailing something into the ceiling and the nail shot through a bedroom ceiling and the alarm went off as if the nail somehow set it off? It was installed in the early 90s and does anyone remember the model numbers of the horn sounders that these old systems used as I want to add one to the back of the house as well if anyone has got one or knows where to buy it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your nail has likely speared a cable and triggered the tamper.

As for anything else, no one is psychic, there was more than one alarm panel on the market in the early nineties.

Hi yes I accepted the offers but they are having to check around as they didn't have any spares so waiting for any info on it thanks for the replies

Sponsored Links
What writing have you on the control panel, there must be some?

Letting us know that will go a long way in getting the help you need.

There are so many different ones, we can't be expected to know them all inside out.

That said,I bet I and others here have the manual and will be able to help.

Where is your manual?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back