Burnt a hole on asphalt/tarmac looking balcony floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, schoolboy error- i know. We had a few to many beers and thought it would be good to have a disposable BBQ on our balcony, a few beers later when i picked up the bbq tray it had burnt through our balcony floor.

I don't really know what the floor is made of but under our balcony is another flat and it made it through to the felt looking material beneath. I have tried to fill the hole with pot-hole filler, the cold tarmac style stuff and just painted over it with bitumen paint but its not looking too brilliant.

Does anyone have any kind of suggestions / potential solutions that will help us students maybe have a chance of getting our deposit back. What would happen if i took a blow torch to the pot-hole filler? Would it smooth it out a bit?

Thanks so much for any help you might have!

Sponsored Links
Bale out now mate, you're likely to make things worse.....any repair will be easily spotted. You've probably done all you can, and the repair should be watertight.
Consider a strategically placed doormat while you make your escape!
John :)

Oh **** really??? £1800 deposit tho !!
was gna see how ****ty this looks then maybe look into having it rendered (if thats a thing?)
very expensive bbq haha

cheers lads

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back