Buying replacement Hip roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm missing a couple of Hip roof tiles and in the process of trying to find replacements, but there are so many types out there. The house was built in the early 1950's, could anyone point me in the right direction what sort of tile I'm looking for? Also do tiles come in metric and Imperial sizes? I just don't know.

Any help or pointers would be very welcome.

Thanks, Dave

Sponsored Links
Ideally, you need to remove one of the existing tiles and take it to a reclamation yard or a builders merchants.
Both bonnet hips and arris hips are pitch relevant especially arris, so knowing the pitch of your roof would be a boon.

Thank you for that. I didn't know there were different types, I put the names into Goggle and can see I need the Bonnet hip tile. I'm now getting somewhere. Plus good idea, I will try and remove one and I can say "have you got any of these?"
Great thanks, Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back