C&G 2391 + C&G 2382 are not formal quals?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Napit told me on the phone today that both 2391 & 2382 were not a formal electrical qualification??

Is this true?

Sponsored Links
I don't think they satisfy NAPITs enrolment creteria on their own, I take it they are after formal qualifications such as an NVQ3?

Basically it is a way to extract more money from you. If you don't have an NVQ3 (and there will be plenty of people who don't), you need one of their 'Certificates of Competence' which is obtained by attending one of their training courses. This gets you a piece of paper which not only expires after 5 years, it isn't recognised anywhere else either.

Sponsored Links
JIB mess you around too..

I got:

BTEC ONC electronics and electrical engineering
C&G 236 electrical installation part 1
C&G 236 electrical installation Part 2
C&G 2391 Inpection and Testing
C&G 2382 17th edition regulations..

and they sent me a "senior graded electrical trainee" ECS card.. all because I didn't do a recognised apprenticeship.. I was doing a YTS in electronics at the time...

Hello,

I have had similar problems with the JIB, (not content with keeping electricians/operatives pay rates on the floor for yrs), I am still graded as a 'labourer', as I was in 1986. Will they help me get regraded ? No is the answer and after trying many times (mid nineties) I gave up.

It has meant I cannot apply for some jobs, but with the rates they pay it hasn't been a great loss.

Ed.

I got:

and they sent me a "senior graded electrical trainee" ECS card.. all because I didn't do a recognised apprenticeship.. I was doing a YTS in electronics at the time...

pretty sure if you do a NVQ3 they will give you Approved Electrician with that lot.

if I remember right? :rolleyes:
With NAPIT you need a level 3 qualification not particular an NVQ.
Are 2391/2 2381/2 not considered Level 3?

I got:

pretty sure if you do a NVQ3 they will give you Approved Electrician with that lot.

I had same. Apprentice listed as Engineering Craftsman does not say what in engineering from council apprenticeship.

C&G 2391
C&G 2381
C&G 2382
C&G 2377

Degree in Electrical and Electronic engineering.

I have been registered with NAECI agreement as "Advanced Electrician" but JIB want to give me labours card.

Must be Joking. As yet not needed a JIB card most likely never will. Member of IET and I would think any grading I get from them is far better than any JIB card!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back