C&K 700L securitech system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My internal bell developed a drilling noise. I couldn't get this to stop, so i disconnected the battery and this was ok. However, the bell and siren kept going off. I have since replaced the battery in the interal box and the siren and alarm keeps going off at random times.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
My internal bell developed a drilling noise. I couldn't get this to stop, so i disconnected the battery and this was ok. However, the bell and siren kept going off. I have since replaced the battery in the interal box and the siren and alarm keeps going off at random times.

Any ideas?

search this site for tamper faults - it`ll be one of them

what does 'IF you're going to post - get it right mean?

its a signature on the bottom of every post !

still getting the drilling noise?

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I've replaced the battery and the drilling noise has gone. However, i don't appear to be abel to get the tamper light off and the alarm just goes off randomly!

You've got to work out which tamper it is to fix it.

If you look at your PCB in the panel you will see two terminals called "24 hour tamper". Remove those wires and replace with a link. If it clears when you try it - then your fault is in the global tamper such as a PIR lid not fitted properly.

If it doesn't clear then it is probably the siren unit tamper. If you look at your PCB you will see the siren cable connections. Look at the end pair and you will see 'R-' and '-'. Leave the wiring in place and insert an extra wire link between the two. This will link out the Tamper return and the Neg hold off thus removing the tamper switch in the siren unit from the system.

Then try again. If it clears you'll need to sort the tamper switch out.

You've got to work out which tamper it is to fix it.

If you look at your PCB in the panel you will see two terminals called "24 hour tamper". Remove those wires and replace with a link. If it clears when you try it - then your fault is in the global tamper such as a PIR lid not fitted properly.

If it doesn't clear then it is probably the siren unit tamper. If you look at your PCB you will see the siren cable connections. Look at the end pair and you will see 'R-' and '-'. Leave the wiring in place and insert an extra wire link between the two. This will link out the Tamper return and the Neg hold off thus removing the tamper switch in the siren unit from the system.

Then try again. If it clears you'll need to sort the tamper switch out.
Well, at last a sensible piece of advise, could have been worked out from the original post though, couldn't it?

But I suppose, 'IF your going to post - get it right' does not always work! - nice idea though, they say practice makes perfect, I wonder how long it'll take.

The O/P has a tamper fault and invariably its a new battery required, nothing to do with bell tampers and nothing to do with shorting terminals out - he`s opened the panel and not got the cover back on right ( this panels well known for it )

Your response is exactly why I advised the guy to search the site and work it out for himself.

Why don't we just make a sticky and say every fault is a battery fault :rolleyes:

If it were a lid tamper it would either work or it wouldn't - not intermittent.

The O/P can decide for himself which action he wants to take - remake the last thing he did or start stripping his system down looking for an obscure fault situation

Why don't we just make a sticky and say every fault is a battery fault :rolleyes:

If it were a lid tamper it would either work or it wouldn't - not intermittent.

Errr,
But this was a battery fault.

Intermittent lid tampers don't happen. Get back in the shop.

Intermittent lid tampers don't happen. Get back in the shop.

sorry they do, but I don`t understand the references to shop that you keep making?

my provenance isn`t in question, your insistance that all tamper faults are external sounder problems on the other hand is..

we`ve done a quick check in our FA records and its less than 1/2 a percent section G ( bellbox and control equipment) failure, 28 plus user error (L to P) , 48 percent battery (H) and the rest door contact or detector failure (F)

you`ll have no idea what I`m on about....

No you are right. No-one has any idea what you are talking about.

The 700L has lever operated tamper switch that is either open or closed. It can't be in between.

And when will you realise that a tamper fault is the last symptom of a duff battery - not the first. And (I don't know why I'm bothering to tell you this) but it is due to a severely short-circuited battery pulling down the input voltage and has nothing to do with programming.

I'll let you and shopkeeper look after this forum from now on - I really can't be bothered giving the right advice just for some no-hoper coming in saying that it's wrong.

It's all yours pal.

BTW, if the battery doesn't sort this guy's problem (and it won't) what are you going to advise?

No you are right. No-one has any idea what you are talking about.

The 700L has lever operated tamper switch that is either open or closed. It can't be in between.

LOL even now you got it wrong - the 700l has a "kerry spring" tamper in the middle of the pcb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back