C&K ST800L+ alarm advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have the above alarm system and was looking to enter engineers mode to alter a few of the settings.
I was wondering how I would do this.
The manual I was left when I bought the house said engineers code was 7890 but I'm unsure how to apply this code (presuming it hasn't been changed).
Secondly I was looking to replace the bell box as it is looking a bit tired (but still works), are most boxes compatible and just a straight swap over? Any recommendations? I was looking for one with flashing LED's if possible.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
As long as you have 4 core minimum to the bell not 2 core ( some very old alarms ) you will be ok , enter engineer code and alarm will start sounding internally then open the main box , the sound will stop you are now in engineer mode .

Hi again, I Was looking for a bit of further advice on the "chime" setting of this alarm please.
I have set it up so the keypad beeps/chimes when the front door opens but was looking for a louder beep as the internal keypad sounder isn't very loud at all.
Is there a sounder I could add to the system to do this, can I use existing internal sounder or is it just not possible.
I presume it would be a sounder that beeps when the N/C contacts are opened on the entry zone.
Here's a couple of pics of panel and keypad connections if they are of any help.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Connect a speaker to the speaker terminals 16ohm this will also give louder entry exit tones .... Try a small texecom speaker , the volume can be ajusted from the pot in the middle of the pcb.

Connect a speaker to the speaker terminals 16ohm this will also give louder entry exit tones .... Try a small texecom speaker , the volume can be ajusted from the pot in the middle of the pcb.
Thanks again, appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back