C&M Britony DHW goes cold & heating switches on/off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My boiler has been getting progressively worse and worse and I'm literally getting just cold water out the hot tap now. the diverter valve seems to be working fine, and i tried putting some limescale remover in the secondary heat exchanger after cleaning out the central heating system and adding protector afterwards.

There is a fault code that come up that means 'central heating thermistor flow faulty (open circuit)'

Someone please help, I just had fill my bath with kettle water, haha!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Morning,

All I have done is take the DHW heat exchanger off and let some limescale remover sit in it and flushed it out and refitted, some crap came out but made no difference.

If you mean the central heating thermistor, I have not tested it or replaced it. I have disconnected it and it comes up with the same fault code, would be nice to know if there is a way to test it (Resistance reading or whatever!?)

Thank you for your reply

Andy

turn power off,disconnect it and take a reading (ohms) don't know what reading you should get on a chaff, off the top of my head.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the info, It turned out to be the CH thermistor which was reading bugger all, didn't have continuity either.

Thanks again, much appreciated!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back