C35 MIX CONCRETE BASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm doing a pond base which will be 3.3m x 2.3m x 250mm depth.

I have phoned around and got a price of £350 for the concrete and £300 to have it pumped. (2 cubic metres)

Now my question is how many bulk bags of ballast and cement do I need to mix it myself? I am after a very strong mix equal to C35

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thereabouts. Shade more than 2.5 jumbo bags though - more like 2.7 (so three really!) For a strong mix (C35 ish) you'll also need sand.

Sponsored Links
Its probably worth trying to mix a retarder in if you must hand mix. Even with help it may take a good morning and you'll end up with a stiff hard to level slab curing at all sorts of different rates.

The workability is especially important if it has a bottom drain and needs grading and finishing down to it

Sorry, I should have said aggregate, sand and cement. (not all in ballast) You could make concrete from all in ballast but you won't get 35N. To get 35N you would need a more precise mix and the only way to get that is agg, sand, cement. All in ballast varies too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back