CABLE SIZE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am installing my central heating controls, and have already run 0.75mm cable, the max run is 10 metres from kitchen fcu to cylinder cupboard and wired from wiring centre cylinder cupboard back to kitchen. only a 3amp fuse required, but although i havent connected up yet, i have run the wire and put floorboards back...now getting cold feet as worried my cable size is not big enough, lots of info about wiring diagrams, cant find anything about cable sizes. thanks.

Sponsored Links
im taking it you've run it in flex then, without commenting on your install all ill say is that 0.75mm cable should be good for 3A. you can try cable manufacturers website for confirmation though....it may be on there.

have run in cable, i know 0.75mm carries up to 6 amps, i was worried that the distance may affect this, i assume i'm alright because most of the controls are electronic. would like someone to give me a definitive yes or no.

jumbo55 said:
I have run in cable, i know 0.75mm carries up to 6 amps, i was worried that the distance may affect this, i assume i'm alright because most of the controls are electronic. would like someone to give me a definitive yes or no.

You are quite correct that the 0.75mm2 Flex will carry 6A.

The main load for the boiler is the pump - Maybe 100w - a mere 0.4Amps.

You are well within the rating of the cable, and voltdrop is not a problem for the short run involved in your case.

So Yes is the answer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back