Calais port and strike

On the TV news tonight, our population is now over 64 million.

That's a rise of approx. 4 million in a few years. Still, I would take the 64m figure with a pinch of salt. It's an official statistic, and official statistics are often wrong or manipulated for political reasons. UK crime stats, for example, are notoriously massaged and under-counted, making them about as reliable as a dingo babysitter. The UK population figure can only be a guesstimate with our porous borders. Add a few million more to get nearer the truth.
Get the Army involved, both here and Calais.

Our armed forces seem to have been press-ganged into the social services these days and are making the situation worse. The Royal Navy is in The Med helping to ferry thousands of economic migrants to Europe. This will satisfy the bleeding hearts who seem to hold sway in this country.

Strange how the navy can manage to aid and abet thousands of illegals, but looks the other way when it's own citizens really need their help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ed-yacht-couple-Paul-and-Rachel-Chandler.html

Sponsored Links
Our armed forces seem to have been press-ganged into the social services these days and are making the situation worse. The Royal Navy is in The Med helping to ferry thousands of economic migrants to Europe. This will satisfy the bleeding hearts who seem to hold sway in this country.

Strange how the navy can manage to aid and abet thousands of illegals, but looks the other way when it's own citizens really need their help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ed-yacht-couple-Paul-and-Rachel-Chandler.html
What the RN should be doing is, sink the boats, and then return these illegals back to the shores of North Africa. Drop em off in Tripoli.

In fairness, as explained in the article, the ship was RFA crewed by merchant seamen and not RN. Nearest warship was 2 hours away. The article also explains that the RFA crew only had self-defence weapons and none of them [understandably] was a trained marksman. Are we suggesting that they ought to have engaged the pirates with the limited weaponry and expertise they had - thereby endangering the hostages??

Whole different ball game if we were talking about a Royal Navy warship. We're not.

I am all for criticism where it's due but let's apply a bit of common...

Sponsored Links
We need controlled immigration, that is a given. We need the skillset that immigrants can bring to our country and economy.
Exactly what UKIP have been saying for a long time, but who listens?
It's our country. We should decide who we want, not some bureaucratic buffoons in Brussels.

One way to resolve the issue:

Withdraw from The EU - at least the open borders policy and all it entails

Get rid of the tunnel

Equip any UK flagged ferries, UK flagged vessels able to carry vehicles and UK flagged container ships with TI equipment at the embarking point (any freeloaders will be detected and left on the quayside)

Have The UKBA check every foreign flagged ship with TI prior to unloading (any freeloaders will be detected and left aboard that vessel as it remains that country's territory)

Make visas compulsory (with appropriate systems for electronic waivers a la US for certain countries of origin and lengths of stay)

Ensure visitors are aware that they will need their own insurances for healthcare etc.

Maintain the current system of applications from migrant workers with key skills/experience.

That will go a long way to ensure that illegal immigration is minimised. Yes - it will cost money in respect of equipment, extra staff and possible increased administration and transport costs. However, the current costs involved in the present system will go a long way to cover that and, in the longer term, such a system will end up paying for itself.

We wouldn't be abrogating our responsibilities in respect of asylum seekers/refugees because we would still have systems in place for them. In fact, the vastly reduced numbers would mean a much quicker processing of such claims.

Some of you may say that tourism may suffer. Why? Doesn't seem to affect Australia, Canada and The US (to name but a few)

It is far too easy at present to arrive in The UK and disappear into the 'black economy'. I think we all agree on that. We can't just throw everyone back in the sea and are under an obligation (UN - not EU) to deal with asylum seekers and refugees. If we do all we can to prevent them landing on our shores - whilst welcoming properly authorised visitors - so much the better.

Yep - radical I know. Call it isolationist if you want but that's my humble opinion.

"freeloaders ejected at the terminal"
thats exactly what happens now
yes a minute few will get through but not many
some have been in france for 2 years with no luck
its an ongoing cycle they enter lorries get ejected and try again
i dont know what percentage will get through on any one day but suspect it will be 10 or less
as they have exray scanners carbon monoxide scanners and check the seals and security cords on most if not all vehicals on the french side

its actually uk customs in france and accepted as uk territory where they can do the checks in france hand the people to the french police for the cycle to happen hours later:(

Yeah - as I thought. Like the Gendarmerie have a vested interest in keeping anyone out of The UK. I doubt The French would retain that UK setup on their soil once we say 'Non' a la CDG. Hence why I said fit to the vessels.

Nice to know there are actually some checks being done though.

Maybe when the illegals have finished harassing truckers and made it to Blighty, they will be satisfied. Then they may thank their hosts for their generosity/stupidity - just as they are doing in Italy. :rolleyes:

No you've got it all wrong. These guys are a benefit to any civilised country and we should let them all in. They simply add so much to any country they infest. Can't you see that? Racist you, clearly :LOL:

No you've got it all wrong. These guys are a benefit to any civilised country and we should let them all in. They simply add so much to any country they infest. Can't you see that? Racist you, clearly :LOL:

Great word used there, INFEST

Sponsored Links
Back