Calling all Roofers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WE are an Interior design consultancy, we are looking to branch out into loft and dorma conversions.

Although we have contracted joiners/p&d's/plasterers/electricians and plumbers, we are finding that alot of customers are wanting re roofs or re linings @ the point of creating the new space. Thus avoiding any future mess created from the roof structure and also to create a more cost affective/insulated building!

When we create the designs we like to submit a full breakdown within our tender ie materials, labour and timescale.

Unfortunately we are not roofers and therefore don't no were to begin with this part of the pricing structure.

Could you please advise us of your rates (m2) for:

a typical reslate, with new slates and reused!
a typical retile, with new slates and reused!
facias
guttering

for a mid terraced
hipped semi
detatched

and if possible could you break your rates down to labour, what materials for a m2
Also include skip hire and scaffolding

I understand that the complexity of roofs differ , material quality and obviously the size but surely there is a pricing system per sq m that a price can be calculated from?

We are looking to contract work out locally but on our initial visit it would be more proffesional if we can incorporate a price without having several trades pricing the job..

If you have any ideas or comments please do advise, we want positive and negative feedback to consider and all help will be remembered! and considered for upcoming projects :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Because like most places in little britain - the roofing industry is full of travellers :idea: And the Few Good Ones are busy and don`t need to sub for anyone - Anyway your plumbers should be able to quote /carry out all the necessary leadwork - I can :LOL: but I don`t need to ;) I`ve done a bit of interior design too - I can prance around like Laurie Lulu Bowlegs - or a Gay Jock any day of the week :rolleyes: PS it`s Dormer - not like nessun bloody dorma :mrgreen:

Think you need to start talking to a local bona fide contractor TBH and try to sort out some sort of partnering and try to agree some budget figures with them

bit too complicated to give ball park figures especially where loft conversions are concerned as one roof is likely to be wildly different from another.

And TBH, you are looking to gain new business through our advise for which we are not getting paid

thanks for all your replies i do appreciate it!

i am not trying to step on anyones toes.. i just wanted to no if there was a general calculation.

I would be getting work for roofing companies and all i am trying to do is get them involved in the intial quote... i presume it would just be easier to call a roofing company @ the time?

And Alastair would you recommend that book, because i have actually come across it?

Quite expensive Phil, i used them around 10 yrs ago for pricing up LA contracts, Prices had to be adjusted depending on Where works were to be carried out. Ie inner city or out in the sticks.
Good luck.

Phil, not the best start to your time at diynot :LOL:

My advice would be to print plans off for jobsand post them to select roofers, perhaps contact them first to see if they would be interested in pricing the work?

Hi Phil, if you contact me i might be able to help.
Regards Dave

P.S. If you click on my name and become a friend i can contact you.

I'll do it all for a flat rate of £10k no matter what type of roof and includes any type of tile, and new fascia and half-round gutter - although square-flo will be £150 more as it looks nicer.

Plus £0.56 /mile from Birmingham

The obvious alternative is to get some quotes from local companies for the first few jobs and build up a relationship, which will reduce costs based on repeat business

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back