camcorder to lcd tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I am trying to watch a video i recorded i my camcorder on my panasonic lcd tv,i have connected the camcorder to the tv via rca cables
turned on camcorder and i cannot get the video on screen,i have tryed the viera tools has photo video etc,but when i select video banner come on which reads device not connected,i tryed av1 which bt vison is on and all the different chanells but can not get the video on the tv.
can any one help?
Tom. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It would have been helpful to say which model of Panasonic TV you have. The sockets and some menu choices vary across the Panasonic ranges, so the following can only be generic rather than specific to your TV

Look at the TV sockets where you connected your cables. The socket set will be marked with a label that says it's AV(something) e.g. AV2. So now you know not to bother with the other AV input channels on the TV. In this example you know not to select AV1 or AV3 or HDMI -1, -2 or -3.

Next. Look to see if the socket is dual purpose. Component and composite video sometimes share the same socket space, so you might see sockets marked Y/Video, Pb, Pr, L-AUDIO-R. This tells you that once you select AV2 that you also then have to instruct the TV what type of signal to look for... All of the Panasonic TVs I have sold and installed did this with a little marker on the AV input menu. So again, using AV2 as my example (yours might be a different input) you press the AV button on the remote until AV2 is selected. Then using the left and right cursor keys you toggle between component and composite to set the preference.

What happens if the AV channel you want doesn't appear in the list...
Panasonics have an option to exclude AV inputs. They can be disabled so that when the AV input button is pressed these inputs are skipped and so only "live" sockets are displayed. They can be re-enabled just as easily. The option and menu path to do this is covered in the user manual.

Once you have done the above then it's time to turn your attention to the leads and in particular exactly which sockets they are connected to.

If you have connected using the yellow red and white RCA cables and the TV socket is multifunction then the Yellow goes to the socket with the green centre. It will be labelled Y/Video. However, if the socket group is one that only takes video then you'll have yellow, red and white on the TV inputs to correspond to the camcorder cables.

Look at the camcorder. If the AV cable has a jack plug at the camcorder end then make sure it is fully inserted. If the camcorder has phono (RCA) sockets then make sure the socket colours and plug colours correspond. It is important. Video only comes out of the video socket, so you need to get it right.

At this point you should have everything connected correctly. The only things that would now stop you getting a picture are faulty cables or some menu setting on the camcorder that disables the video output. Read your camera manual.

Do let us know how you get on. If you find any of the posts useful in your thread then please use the Thanks button on each. You can find the Thanks button at the top right of each persons reply :D

Hi, just to let you know i have now found AV2 .thanks for the help Chris and sam

cheers Tom. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What happens if the AV channel you want doesn't appear in the list...
Panasonics have an option to exclude AV inputs. They can be disabled so that when the AV input button is pressed these inputs are skipped and so only "live" sockets are displayed. They can be re-enabled just as easily. The option and menu path to do this is covered in the user manual.

^^^^^^

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back