Camray 5 combi boiler problem!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a Camray 5 combi boiler which has been installed now for about 11 yr, always been serviced every year and is ample for the rads we have.
About 2 yr ago it started periodically locking out normally when we turned on the shower upstairs, not every time but normally when the missus was in it lol. Odd occasion it will lockout when the central heating starts, and i take the front panel off, press the red button and away it goes again.
It will then be fine but then randomly will lockout again a few days later when the shower is turned on (but not every time).
Any advice would be much appreciated as i tend to get it in the ear as the missus marches through the house in a towel covered in soap and shampoo to reset it lol.
Regards
Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi,

We have a Camray 5 combi boiler which has been installed now for about 11 yr, always been serviced every year and is ample for the rads we have.

About 2 yr ago it started periodically locking out normally when we turned on the shower upstairs, not every time but normally when the missus was in it lol.

Andy

Since this happened the woiler will have been serviced at least once and probably twice.

What did the service engineer have to say?

Tony

When you say it is Locking out do you mean Combustion Lock out or Overheat Lock out?? there is a big diffrence and to help I need to know whrere exactly is the reset button you are pressing located???
is it on the bottom or rear of the boiler control panel or is it the big red button at the bottom on the riello oil Burner?? :confused:

Hi Agile , last years bill reads.
Burner keeps locking out and small water leak found on motorized valve stem. Stripped and checked burner. Oil pressure checked ok. Burner analized and left working. Drainend boiler pressure and fitted new motorized body. Boiler repressurized and tested. Working ok.
He said that should cure it as not sure what else it could be. Seemed to be ok for a while but as it is quite random( it might go a week or 2 and not do it at all then all of a sudden it does it 2 or 3 times in a week) i werent sure if what he did helped or not regarding the problem.

Hi Boilerman2,
It is the red button at the bottom on the burner(only press twice).

thx guys for your help.
Andy

Sponsored Links
THis is a Combustion problem pure & simple, it is sheer coincidece that it does it when the Shower is switched on - the truth is as this is a thermal store boiler, the fault may have already occured it is not untill the Thermal store is depleted that the fault becomes apparent.

The cause of a Lock out on a Riello burner is usually some form of fuel starvation, check oil line filters are clean, if the fuel supply is a suction lift, either two pipe, or a Deaerator system, make sure all mechanical couplings are good and tight and not sucking in air.

Another cause of lock out would be failure of an electrical nature such as Motor Capacitor, Solenoid coil, Control box fault or even a tight spot on the motor or fuel pump

I personally would be looking for an engineer with more experience, as there is NO WAY that a diverter valve could cause your burner to Lock -out!! ;)

Many thx Boilerman2 your help is very much appreciated and i will be trying a different engineer this time as the boiler is soon due for this years service.
Thx once again,
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back