Can a PIR light trigger wireless doorbell??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A colleague of mine gets woken by her door bell going off in the night. When they look out of the window, next door's outside light PIR has been activated. Based on their surroundings, it is not possible that a person has rung the bell and activated the PIR though.

To make an odd post even odder, the tune the bell plays is different to the one played when the bell push is pushed!

Can the PIR trigger cause this???????

I find it odd but can't think of any other explanation!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Is it just once or twice night and always at the same time(s) give or take a few minutes ?

If the answer is yes then suspect a dip in the mains supply voltage when all the off peak storage heaters are switched on.

Or next door have a wireless door bell on the same channel and ID code and they have late night visitors.

We have a wireless doorbell at work, and it goes off when folk activate car central locking using the remote key fob.
Its not just one car either, several cars do it :)

I suspect next door have a wireless PIR. Is there any option to change the coding or frequency on your doorbell?

Does your doorbell turn on their exterior light aswell? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
wireless pir? (for a mains light)

they do exist bout doubtful.

my pint (beer) is on its a spike and a cheap doorbell

get a hard wired doorbell, no batteries to change wont go off with next doors pir

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back