Can Anyone help? - I need the weight of 50m of 2.5mm cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a part used reel of 2.5mm twin & earth lying here that I wish to flog....but I don't know how much the original reel held (i.e. to write the advert) & I don't fancy unwinding it al to find out!

So I wondered if anyone here could give me an indication of how much a reel of 50m of 2.5mm twin & earth actually weighs.

Just weighed the reel I have & it comes in at 5.2kg (there's a little bit used off the reel so I'm hoping that a full 50m weighs in about 6kg....then I'll know what size the original reel was - are you still following this?)

Sponsored Links
ok...cool - thanks, so it looks like it was a 50m reel, bit taken off therefore probably about 45m ....what'd be a fair price to advertize this at? (collection)

Sponsored Links
a tenner and I'll be around in five mins ;)
Brand new would cost about 55p-60p/m
So knock 20% off that and that seems fair and don't forget the spool weight to be deducted.

......I've just had a flash back to the Dow Jones stock index closing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp5lM4ES_I

.....yep, late in the day a complete bell end enters the proceedings.

Dude, it might have escaped you - we're done! (you could have used the time spent typing to pickup your "how not to be a knob" self-help guide)

"nothing to see here" (other than the aforementioned bell-esque late entries), "move right on along...."

Is it on a cardboard, or wooden reel?

Is it that scary figure of 8 stuff (Aton Kablo, eg)?

I am trying to help.

Don't you have any bathroom scales?

I know you are trying to help, but he does have scales, that is why he wanted to know the full weight so that it could be apportioned, minus the spool weight. to the OP, unless you live in a heavily populated area, collect only will result in hardly anything for it. I live in south Birmingham and could not be bothered to drive to north birmingham for a deal on around 45m of cable

.....yep, late in the day a complete bell end enters the proceedings.
It wasn't late in the day, it was at 12:43.

Dude, it might have escaped you - we're done! (you could have used the time spent typing to pickup your "how not to be a knob" self-help guide)
And you could have used your time to pick up your "How not to be a lazy g*t who can't be bothered to use Google" self help guide.

"move right on along...."
Please do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back