Can anyone recommend a Sliding Mitre Saw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
I've got the Ryobi EMS-2026SCL which is around £190. Positive stops on the mitre angles. Laser guide pretty useless. Otherwise a good saw for the money.

I have the Rexon you posted a link to. No problems with it at all. Laser line works well. Have mounted it on a board that I can fit it onto a workmate (bench not colleague) - so it's very portable.

Sponsored Links
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T DO IT!

If you fed the rexon steroids for a year, it had 2 sex changes to implant some manhood, and you encased it in an inch of lead so the cheap chinese motor did not deafen you everytime you switched it on, it would still not be half as good as the original & still best 2nd fix saw that is the dewalt/ Elu. And at the price you pay for it these days, you deffinately will need your head tested.

http://www.itslondon.co.uk/pd_DEW110DW707_DW707_DewaltSlideCrosscutMitreSaw.htm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T DO IT!

If you fed the rexon steroids for a year, it had 2 sex changes to implant some manhood, and you encased it in an inch of lead so the cheap chinese motor did not deafen you everytime you switched it on, it would still not be half as good as the original & still best 2nd fix saw that is the dewalt/ Elu. And at the price you pay for it these days, you deffinately will need your head tested.

http://www.itslondon.co.uk/pd_DEW110DW707_DW707_DewaltSlideCrosscutMitreSaw.htm[/QUOTE]

Too late mate, I'm already using the Rexon! For the amount of DIY I do, I think it will do just fine, £100 cheaper too. Though I don't doubt everything you've said, the Dewalts are a pleasure to use.

Test cuts on the Rexon have proved to be accurate. :)
Cheers anyway.

PS
Anyone bought tools from ALDI? :eek: I bought their Table saw for £30 and it's still going strong after 2 years. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back