Can dry verge be removed and refitted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to get dry verge refixed as a couple of bits fell off in the wind.

Can the existing bits which are still up be removed carefully and refitted or are the clobber verge sections not that expensive? I want to get the whole end of house redone incase they come off again and I lose more tiles.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes they can be although it may mean removing all those that are above due to the fact that the neighbouring unit covers the fixing holes of the preceding one.

The fixings are ring shank so may prove stubborn to remove unless the lathes have rotted.

Hi noseall

Thanks for that info - I thought that they may break and that is why I was advised to replace them. It was a couple near the bottom plus the top cover that blew off. I don't trust the fixings, hence going to get the whole lot removed and refitted. I think the lathe is probably rotten as well, so will need replaced.

Can't take the chance of any more tiles falling off onto the conservatory next time.

Thanks

fluff

Sponsored Links
If i remember rightly the Marley fellas also interlock into one another, so getting at one in the middle of a run would be difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back