Can I Add AAV To Soil Stack,Instead Of Venting Through Roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pictures below show the view of the gable end wall from inside my loft. Its a bungalow.

At present, the soil stack vent enters the loft through the loft floor, crosses the loft in front of a breeze block wall where I want to mount a new boiler, and exits through the roof to the outside.

The pipe is blocking the wall where I want to mount a new boiler. Can I cut the vent pipe just above where it comes through the loft floor and add an air admittance valve intead (as in 2nd picture)?

Sponsored Links
I suppose I could do. Thought it would be less hassle than messing about with lead slates. Never fitted one before. Are they reasonably easy (I have done lots of other DIY)?

Would I be able to re-use the original lead slate, or buy new one?

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember "1 open vent per 6 houses minimum" so it might be worth a call to building control to check.

Your Plumber/ Registered Gas Engineer Should be able to do both jobs for you . and comply with all regs. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back